Recently in Iran deal Category
This entry contains a collection of articles on why the Iran deal is bad and should be defeated. We as citizens must do all we can to defeat this disastrous deal.
Allowing a nuclear weapon to be in the hands of Islamic terrorists who love death more than life, who are committed to the elimination of Jews and Christians and who have declared their intention to wipe Israel and its seven million inhabitants off the map is madness.
Iran is also allowed to continue developing its ICBMs. It's main target is America. You know, "Death to America." That's the chant led regularly in the public squares of Tehran by the Supreme Leader. Do you want to be they're kidding?
What did Obama buy with his deal? A few years delay in Iran getting nuclear weapon capability at most and less if they cheat.
Iran is jubilant. It got everything they wanted.
By Obama releasing more than 100 billion dollars to Iran, the U.S. becomes the biggest financier of Islamic terrorism in the world. Obama did not negotiate to have Iran end its killing of Americans or ceasing its terrorism. He did not even try to get the four Americans held hostage released.
In five years Iran will be trading freely in the weapons market (they already are in Moscow shopping) and in eight years ICBM development will have a green light.
In September the Obama Iran nuclear deal will be put to both Houses of Congress for approval or disapproval. It is expected that it will be disapproved by a majority in each House, with all or virtually all Republicans voting to disapprove. However, the resulting legislation can be vetoed by the President. It will take a two-thirds vote in each House to override his veto.
Therefore, in the Senate 67 senators must vote to override. If all 54 Republicans vote to override, then 13 Democrats must join in the override vote. The soon-to-be leader of the Democrats in the Senate, the Minority Leader to be Chuck Schumer of New York, has said he will vote to disapprove and override. It is absolutely essential that he actively work to get the necessary votes to override. A symbolic vote in opposition is meaningless; he needs to show effective and successful leadership to demonstrate his commitment to keeping Americans and Israelis safe. Israel is the nation must affected by Iran's intentions and Israelis are opposed to the Iran deal across all party lines. Iran is building ICBMs to reach the U.S. They don't need them to bomb Israel, which is a short missile trip away from Iran.
In the House 290 votes to override are required. If all Republicans vote to override, 43 Democrats must put the safety of Americans ahead of party loyalty to their president.
A new Kindle and paperback book is out from retired Harvard Law School professor Alan Dershowitz, a life-long Democrat: The Case Against the Iran Deal: How Can We Now Stop Iran from Getting Nukes?
Alan had written two short pieces on the Iran deal earlier (click to read):
Andy McCarthy, the former federal prosecutor who put the Blind Sheik in prison of the first World Trade Center attack, describes the deal:
Caroline Glick, the leading analysis of the Middle East, presents and Israeli-American point of view:
An extremely wide-ranging piece appeared recently in the American Thinker:
The "house Republican" at the New York Times trashes the Iran deal:
Three more views from the Israeli side:
This op-ed appeared in the Wall Street Journal:
A prediction of what will happen if the deal is approved:
For an excellent summary:
The Iran Deal is Bad for America, Very Bad
Those who think the Iranians outwitted us fail to recognize one very important thing: the White House never intended to contain Iran.
The nuclear deal with Iran is a wildly lopsided agreement. Whereas Iran received permanent concessions, the United States and its partners managed only to buy a little time. The agreement will delay the advent of a nuclear-capable Iran for about a decade—and much less than that should Tehran decide to cheat. Meanwhile, thanks to the deal, Iranian influence in the Middle East is set to grow. All of these benefits accrue to Iran without its ever having given any guarantee that it will change its revolutionary, expansionist, and brutal ways.
Drawing attention to what this deal is all about is very important. But there is more than can and should be done to kill the Deal.
First it is important to stress how Iranians have been killing Americans since the Shah was deposed.
Iran was responsible for the 1983 suicide bomb attacks in Beirut in which 241 U.S. Marines and 58 French paratroopers were killed.
For a more detailed list of Iranian crimes against Americans, read Iran Is Killing Americans And Their Allies.
Not to mention that Iran keeps calling for “Death to America” and means it.
Secondly, The Iran Deal benefits Russia big time. And Russia, as we know, is America’s arch enemy.
Russia and Putin are the immediate and long-range big winners from this deal.
This deal directly and materially helps Russia’s unchecked aggression in its continuing campaign to dominate Eastern Europe [Ukraine, Poland, Georgia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania… See Newsweek]
This deal places the US mainland at direct risk of ICBM attack. Russia has also announced that it will upgrade that portion of its own ICBM force both qualitatively and quantitatively that is aimed at the United States.
Russia has announced that it will sell Iran ICBM technology. Iran does not need ICBMs to attack Israel. ICBMs in the hands of Iran with a nuclear weapon are a threat to the entire East Coast of the United States. They still shout “death to America ” in Iran.
Several days ago Pres. Rouhani led a parade through the streets of Tehran whose theme was very vocal: “death to America !”
Money coming from weapons and other sales to Iran will help finance this enhancement of Russian capability which will improve Russia’s position as they announced in terms of their assaults against Ukraine, and in their announced aggravations against Poland and Latvia.
Russia has also announced that they will sell Iran short-range attack missiles, which place US naval forces in danger and give Iran control over the essential waterways [Strait of Hormuz; Bab el- Mandeb] which control approximately 50% of all of the petroleum that is shipped in the world.
Russia has also announced that they will sell advanced air defense missiles and communications to Iran, which would make any nuclear/missile force impregnable to attack.
The Iranian threat is directed primarily against the United States, the Great Satan.
To Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, his circle of ruling mullahs and the entire command structure of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps, destroying Israel is, to them, just an added bonus and a religious obligation.
There are no restrictions on the money that will be released to Iran. The “hope” and “it’s only logical” arguments presented by the administration that it will be spent for internal economic and social improvements do not appear anywhere in the agreement.
This deal, by providing substantial additional income to Iran, materially assures the strength and permanence of the hold of the existing government over the Iranian population:
1. by increasing the resources that can be allocated to the internal security apparatus;
2. by allowing for substantial increases in expenditures for infrastructure, economic development, health etc. [This will reduce restlessness of the younger generation whose discontent is much more economic than political. The implicit deal has been made that ‘we will not crack down upon you for transgressions (within bounds) that you commit in private as long as your resistance is not public.’]
3. by removing an existing current source of tension concerning financial allocations and national priorities between the ruling clerics and the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps by substantially increasing the terror budget.
Iran will have significantly increased resources to devote to terror and penetration operations that directly threaten American lives and American interests. Currently Iran is the major funder of international terrorism, so this agreement increases the IRGC’s operational abilities in Iraq and through proxies in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Sinai, Syria, Yemen, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, etc.
The deal permits the revolutionary guard corps to expand their already considerable penetration of Central and South America.
[See: Joint Subcommittee Hearing: Iran and Hezbollah in the Western Hemisphere; Subcommittee on the Middle East and North Africa,Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere Mar 18, 2015 http://foreignaffairs.house.gov/hearing/joint-subcommittee-hearing-iran-and-hezbollah-western-hemisphere.]
Since April 2015 the Obama administration has released $700 million per month to Iran. Unfortunately, a substantial percentage of these released funds have gone to fund internal security operations within Iran and to finance increased operations of the IRGC throughout the world. According to the sworn congressional testimony of Marine Corps Gen. Joseph Dunford, President Obama’s nominee to be chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff: “Iran is directly linked to deaths of more than 500 U.S. troops in Iraq, Afghanistan.”
Background: additional facts useful for understanding the proposed “deal”
1. In this part of the world true negotiations only begin after the agreement is signed. How many more concessions will be demanded for what will never be a final settlement?
2. The Iranian Parliament does not vote on this agreement until after the U.S. Congress votes. Will the US be called back to sweeten the pot?
3. The Iranians have announced that they will be governed by the Supreme Leader’s interpretation of each clause. Can it be any clearer that they will interpret the agreement to their satisfaction?
4. Iran will be actually doing the ground monitoring for the UN inspectors/observers at all of the current known sites. The Iranians will provide their readings of the “situation on the ground” from which the UN inspectors will draw their conclusions. US nationals will be excluded from all UN and all other inspection teams.
5. If Iran is caught cheating and sanctions are in any way “snapped back,” this agreement gives Iran the right to end their compliance from all their obligations that they have undertaken. Thus, the incentive is for Iran to strictly observe the provisions of this agreement until the Iranian economy is moving, then to cheat around the edges, and then to walk away from the entire agreement if and when they want to (completely based on their desires and their timetable).
6. According to various administration spokespersons’ interpretations of this agreement, It:
• has already taken those who have been found guilty of murdering Americans and have been penalized by US courts completely off the hook and has granted them complete freedom from these judgments and verdicts.
• obligates the US to assist and train Iran in preventing any sabotage against its nuclear facilities. This obligates the US to protect the Iranian nuclear and missile programs from cyber attack and may require the US to share cyber protection technology with the Iranians.
• states that the US may not impose any new sanctions on Iran for any other reasons. So if next year Iran’s terrorists were to attack a US embassy, the US would not be allowed to sanction Iran for such aggression. [If you think this is far-fetched consider the attack by Iran on the Jewish center in Argentina and the current lack of follow-up by the Argentine government . Also, it is public record that the US did not report Iranian transgressions and violations of the current agreement to the UN in order not to jeopardize “progress” on the negotiations with Iran. Further, the US refused to accept the evidence that the reactor under construction in Syria which had been financed by Iran and was utilizing North Korean technology was in fact a nuclear reactor until after Israel destroyed it and the exact nature of the installation could no longer be denied by US intelligence/State Department.}
The US military have been very vocal in expressing their concern to this agreement. For example see the congressional testimonies of both the outgoing and the incoming chiefs of the joint Chiefs:
• These military purchases from China and Russia are just the 1st wave of a major upgrade of Iran’s offensive and defensive capabilities. Also, these purchases provide both China and Russia with additional financial (purchase dollars +increased fleet sizes) which enable both China and Russia to invest in upgrades which will directly benefit the Chinese and Russian military forces.
• Marine Corps Gen. Joseph Dunford, President Obama’s nominee to be chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff: “Iran directly linked to deaths of more than 500 U.S. troops in Iraq, Afghanistan.”
• The Iran Task Force, a bi-partisan team made up of leading retired military, national security, and policy experts, has been a leading voice about the danger that this bad deal will allow Iran to become a nuclear state.
Email This | DIGG This | del.icio.us | Facebook | Stumble It